Updated: Feb 19
This makes the perfect breakfast, brunch, or brinner! This recipe was created/modified by Kerri Cole (@icfood4u).
3 cups kale, chopped 1 red bell pepper, chopped 1 cup mushrooms, chopped 2 tsp minced garlic 1/2 TBS olive oil 1 1/2 cups liquid egg whites 4 large eggs 1 cup cottage cheese 1/2 tsp sea salt 1/2 tsp ground pepper 1/2 cup feta cheese Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF, and grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or oil; set aside. 2. In a large frying pan add chopped kale, chopped mushrooms, chopped bell pepper, garlic and olive oil. Cook on medium heat until kale is cooked down, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. 3. In a large bowl whisk together liquid egg whites, whole eggs, cottage cheese, and seasonings. 4. Add half of the kale mixture to the bottom of the baking dish, evenly spread out.
5. Gently pour in your egg mixture.
6. Top with rest of kale mixture, and sprinkle chopped/crumbled feta evenly throughout pan.
7. Gently press kale and feta into egg mixture. 8. Bake for 20 minutes uncovered, then loosely cover with foil and bake for another 15-25 minutes. Edges will be golden and middle should be set when done.
9. Allow pan to cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.