Stir Fried Beef And Veggies
IC-Friendly recipe adapted from: grandmotherskitchen.org
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped (if tolerated)
2 lbs. lean beef, sliced thin
10 fresh small mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 cup broccoli floret pieces
1/2 red sweet bell pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
2 Tablespoons soy sauce substitute or Coconut Aminos
2 Tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger-root (if tolerated)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat.
2. Add onions and cook for a few minutes until transparent.
3. Add the sliced beef and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
5. Add the broccoli and peppers along with the soy sauce, water, bean sprouts, and ginger-root.
6. Turn the heat to high and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon until the vegetables are just tender. Season with salt and pepper to your liking
Note: Delicious served with rice.