Recipe adapted from Julia Mueller's cookbook Let Them Eat Kale!
2 T. olive oil
3 cups tightly packed kale leaves, chopped
5 green onions, chopped (if tolerated)
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh sage leaves, chopped
2 cups zucchini, shredded
1/2 t. salt
12 eggs, lightly beaten (6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites)
1/2 cup jack (if tolerated) or mild cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Shred the zucchini and use your hands to squeeze the water out of the zucchini.
3. In a 10' to 12" oven proof skillet heat the 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped kale and stir until it starts to soften.
5. Cover the skillet and allow the kale to continue to soften for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the green onion and chopped sage to the kale and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
7. Remove the kale mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
8. In the meantime whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
9. Add in the zucchini, salt, and cheese and stir together.
10. Pour the kale mixture in with the eggs and stir.
11. Pour everything back into the oven proof skillet and place it in the oven to bake for 15-18 minutes or until it is cooked through.