Cheesy Spinach Pie
IC-Friendly Recipe adapted from: grandmotherskitchen.org
1 package pastry dough for pies (without problem ingredients)
1 lb. fresh spinach
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup olive oil in a bowl
2 1/2 cups Feta cheese
2 Tablespoons cream cheese
3 Tablespoons Parmesan or Pecorino (if tolerated)
Pepper (if tolerated)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Have ready a 9x13 inch baking pan.
3. Wash the spinach and place into a pot. Cover with water and boil for 5 minutes. Drain well, squeezing out the moisture and place into a large mixing bowl. Break the eggs into the spinach and stir well to combine.
4. Cut the feta into small pieces in a bowl, or you can use your fingertips to break up. Add the Parmesan and stir together.
5. Add the spinach and stir together.
6. Open the pastry and cover it with a wet towel. The wet towel will keep the pastry from drying out while you prepare the spinach pie.
7. Stir the melted butter into the olive oil then brush then pastry in between, one by one with the
mixture of oil and butter and place into the pan.
8. When you have half of the pastry dough brushed, place the stuffing in. Now continue brushing the remaining pastry and layering until completed.
9. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes until golden brown.