IC-Friendly Recipe adapted from: nikicooks.blogspot.com
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
4 teaspoons water
4 teaspoons lemon juice (Niki used 2 teaspoons lemon oil and she says this can probably be omitted)
3 cups thinly sliced pears
1 cup butter, melted
4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. In a large saucepan, combine ¾ cup sugar and water. Cook on medium without stirring until amber.
2. Stir in lemon oil and quickly pour into a 10-in springform pan, coating bottom.
3. Arrange pear slices on caramel in circular overlapping pattern.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs and remaining sugar until blended. Beat in butter, then cream cheese until smooth. Stir in flour. Spread over pears.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
6. Cool 5 minutes . Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Invert onto a serving plate.