Adapted to be IC friendly from @FitMittenKitchen by Kerri Cole.
I love this meal because it makes a lot so you can have leftovers for lunch for a few days. Be careful with artichokes. Most of the cans have ingredients that are not safe for IC. I found some frozen artichokes at my local store that do not have any other ingredients.
1 medium-large spaghetti squash (about 2 lbs)
1lb 93% lean ground turkey
2 tsp minced garlic
1 large red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped (may leave out)
1 cuo quartered artichoke hearts
3 cups fresh spinach
4 oz feta, crumbled
1.5 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp thyme
salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise, and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. Spray the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place the squash facedown on the baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes or until the flesh easily pierces with a fork.
3. Meanwhile prepare the stuffing: In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil, garlic and chopped onion; stir frequently until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Add chopped bell pepper and continue cooking on medium heat until vegetables are slightly soft, about 15 minutes. Transfer to separate heat-proof bowl.
4. Using same skillet on medium heat, brown turkey; add Greek seasonings and crumble meat as it cooks fully.
5. Turn stove top to low heat; add vegetables back into the skillet with the turkey. Add in artichoke hearts and fresh spinach. Cover skillet with lid and cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes, then stir to combine. Add half of the feta and stir.
6. Once squash is done baking, flip over and scrape inside with fork so the squash strands come loose. Once bowl is full scraped, add in mixture until full and top with remaining feta.
7. Return stuffed squash back to oven for 5 more minutes. (You can skip this step but I prefer the feta slightly melted.) This meal can be eaten straight from the bowl. Enjoy!