This might be the easiest bread I’ve ever made - no rising of dough necessary! This is absolutely delicious and IC friendly. To make your own oat flour, simply put your oats in a food processor. Gluten-free oats or regular wheat flour works, too. Recipe adapted from @skinnytaste.
1 cup oat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder, make sure it's not expired or it won't rise
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, use less if using table salt
1 cup low-fat classic cottage cheese
1 egg white, beaten (whole egg works fine too)
Everything but the bagel seasoning, sesame, etc for topping, optional
1.Preheat oven to 375F. Place parchment paper or a silicone mat on a baking sheet. If using parchment paper, spray with oil to avoid sticking.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
3. Add the cottage cheese, mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
4. Knead in the bowl turning until completely smooth and has the texture of playdoh, about 20 turns.
5. Divide into 4 equal balls.
6. Flatten into rounds and transfer to the baking sheet.
7. Top with egg wash and seasoning. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 22 to 25 minutes.
8. Let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing open.
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days. Then toast to heat up!