IC-Friendly Recipe adapted from: thepioneerwoman.com
1 pound Bowtie Pasta (farfalle) (without problem ingredients)
3 Tablespoons Almonds
1/4 cup Olive Oil
6 cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 teaspoon Salt, More To Taste
1 teaspoon Black Pepper, More To Taste (if tolerated)
1 bunch Kale, Finely Sliced
4 ounces, Crumbled Feta
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Drain, rinse with cold water, and add to a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Add almonds to a small skillet over low heat. Toast slowly over the course of 8-10 minutes, tossing regularly. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
4. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and garlic over low heat so that the garlic slowly infuses the oil. When the oil starts to cause the garlic to sizzle, stir around so the garlic doesn't get too brown. When garlic starts to turn golden, add salt and pepper, stir, and set aside for 5 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes, pour the oil mixture (scraping the salt, pepper, and garlic) all over the bowtie pasta. Toss to combine and set aside.
6. Set the same skillet (without cleaning it) over medium-high heat. Add the kale and cook for 5 minutes, or until partly wilted.
7. Add kale and pine nuts to the pasta and toss it all together. Check to make sure it's no longer warm, then add Feta and toss. Taste for seasonings and add more salt and pepper if needed.
8. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.