Updated: Feb 19
This recipe was created by Kerri Cole (@icfood4u). From Kerri "This avocado crema typically has lime juice in it, but if you can handle lime juice or zest, I'd recommend it!"
1 teaspoon olive oil 1/4 onion, diced (if tolerated) 1 small or half a large red bell pepper, diced 2 cloves of garlic- minced 1 package of lean ground turkey salt, to taste 1 teaspoon of garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder 1/2 teaspoon of cumin 1 can of pinto beans, drained 1/2 cup corn 10 oz of spinach 1 cup of shredded cheddar 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced 5 burrito sized tortilla wraps Olive oil spray 🌯Avocado Cream Sauce: 1 avocado 1 small container of plain Greek yogurt Sea salt 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 400. 2. Drizzle olive oil in a skillet.
3. Add onions and peppers.
4. Cook until slightly brown about 3 minutes.
5. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove to a plate. 6. Add a little more oil (if needed) and turkey.
7. Cook until no longer pink and slightly brown about 5-6 minutes. 8. Add back the peppers and onions.
9. Add salt and the rest of the seasonings.
10. Mix and cook one more minute.
11. Add beans, corn, and spinach and cook for two more minutes. 12. Remove from heat and add cheese.
13. Stir until mixed and melted. 14. In another large non stick skillet, add cooking spray and cook tortillas for 15 seconds on each side (or warm in the microwave until pliable).
15. Place turkey mixture in the middle of a tortilla and roll them up while tucking the sides in. 16. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray tops of roll-ups with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. 17. Cool then slice in the middle on a diagonal. Serve with avocado cream sauce. 🌯 Avocado Cream Sauce - mash an avocado in a medium sized bowl. Add salt, cilantro and yogurt and mix.