White Chicken Chili
IC-Friendly Recipe adapted from: nikicooks.blogspot.com
1 pound ground chicken
2 cans white cannellini beans (one regular, one mashed for thickness)
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion (if tolerated)
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper
2 cups chicken stock (without problem ingredients)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste (if tolerated)
*Garnish with friendly cheese (Mild Cheddar, American, Mozzarella)
1. In a large pot over medium heat warm the oil. Add chopped veggies and sauté for 5 min.
2. Add chicken and cook through (at least 5 minutes).
3. Add the garlic, flour, cumin and oregano. Cook, stirring over low heat 2 minutes. Add the broth while stirring.
4. Increase heat and bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce heat to simmering and cook 10 minutes longer. Add the beans.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Add garnishes if you wish.