These are easy to make and delicious! Also, no one is stopping you from dipping these sweet treats in melted white chocolate :)
3/4 cup 5 large egg whites
2/3 cup granulated sugar
10 oz (1-1/4 cup) sweetened coconut flakes, Baker's
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1. In a heavy saucepan combine egg whites, sugar and coconut flakes and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until all the ingredients combine together, about 12-15 minutes.
2. The mixture should be sticky and moist, not dry.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the almond and vanilla extracts. Set aside on a dish and let it cool in the refrigerator about 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 300°.
5. Using a tablespoon, scoop tightly packed tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet covered with a silpat or parchment paper.
6. Bake 27-30 minutes or until golden.